Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Homebirth Editorial in Medical Journal

I realize many of you are probably sick of hearing me talk about homebirth and midwifery, especially in Illinois. However, this is an excellent editorial about the "higher up" medical organizations (i.e. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Medical Association) and their recent resolution against "home deliveries". I personally don't even agree w/ the term "home deliveries" as women are birthing babies and not delivering any packages, food, etc. but that is a whole 'nother post. ;)

You can read the editorial here. She sums up the issue pretty nicely and I hope more medical professionals who are aghast at the idea of homebirth will take a minute to read it as well.

Shannon

1 Comments:

At 2/17/09, 1:31 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Hopefully, it's fixed. The original link I had worked, then didn't and then did again. I found another one so hopefully this time it won't give anyone an "error" message. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home