Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Girl Talk by Kellyn Margaret

Some interesting quotes from Kellyn lately. . .

In our parenting, we use the anatomically correct names for body parts. I believe in teaching our children what the parts of their body are actually called. The other day was one time that I maybe wished we had a "code" word. While we were at the library (a very quiet environment), Kellyn says in a not so quiet voice:

"Mom, I have a vagina and you have a vagina 'cuz we're girls, right?"

As I was getting dressed a few days ago, Kellyn was watching me and asked "What's that?" I answered, "A bra." She said, "Oh" and then paused. Next she says:

"When I get bigger and my nursies get bigger, I want a pink bra, okay?"

I don't like that she is already asking for colored undergarments. ;)

And lastly, today she was following Cavan around.

Cavan: Tew (Kell), why are you fowowing (following) me?
Kellyn: Because I wuv you.

It's moments like those that I cherish. ;) I pray they remain close as adults.

1 Comments:

At 5/10/09, 4:09 PM, Blogger Rena said...

oh dear sweet kellyn. LOL. i personally love the pink bra quote. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home