Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

June's around the corner . . .

Well, we finally broke down and turned on the A/C on our window unit in our bedroom last night. We have great ventilation downstairs when we have the windows open, but it's just pretty uncomfortable downstairs. We had really hoped to make it to June 1, but I hate sweating when I sleep . . .

Shan's about to finish her first Bradley class cycle next week. I know she really likes it; I'm calling her out right now to post on her experiences with this first go-around. This first time through has been rough on everyone somewhat. Not only is each class nearly 3 hours long, but Shan has been preparing for each class for about 2 hours. So that's about 5 hours a week that I have to take the rugrats solo.

Now I know that sounds like I'm being a baby about it, but it's actually proven to be quite difficult since I basically have to get them out of the house each Thursday night since class is held in our living room. I tried the public library a couple times and the play area at the mall, but I realized that nearly every time we visited one of these two sites, our kids were ill about 2 days later. It also doesn't help that I feel like less of a parent when Shannon isn't around. It's just a mental block of some sort, I think, but my anxiety level dramatically increases when I have one or both of the kids by myself. Even when we're all playing and Shannon has to use the bathroom I feel a bit uptight for the 2 and a half minutes that she's out of the room. So now imagine what my weeks have been like for the past 3 months when I've had to keep them occupied for 5 hours each week! It's been a bit easier the past few weeks as Kellyn has matured, but it's still emotionally exhausting sometimes . . .

Lots of fun stuff planned for this coming month. Our clan and my folks are all heading out to DC in the middle of June. I'll be attending a Sacred Music Colloquium out at Catholic University while the rest of them will be seeing the sights and lounging in the hotel. I think it will be tons of fun, though I'm not sure how Kellyn will handle the 11-hour ride to and fro. At the end of the month, St. John's will be hosting a Choir Alumni weekend. We've invited all the choir alums who have ever participated in a St. John's choir back to campus for a weekend of fun, food, and singing. We'll record a CD and sing at the two weekend masses. I've had people contact me that sang here in the 70's! I'm estimating about 100 people at this point and it should be a hoot . . . it's just been a real headache to plan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home