Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Civic Literacy

A local mom forwarded this on the other day.

http://www.civicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

It's a quiz to test your knowledge of important areas in American civics. I'm a bit ashamed to say that I only got 44 out of 60 correct (73%), which, though not good, was still a little better than the average of 70.9%.

This is an area which I can't say I really valued before a few years ago. I had a general interest in history, but my Poly Sci class in college bored me to tears. As much as I'd like to fill in the holes of my civic knowledge, there's only so much time in the day. Instead of books/textbooks to learn this information, I'll probably continue to use wikipedia to look up things like the "Warsaw Pact" and "Alexis de Tocqueville."

Can any of you top my score of 44? : )

1 Comments:

At 6/7/08, 1:58 PM, Blogger VeganLinda said...

Perfect timing on this post. My fil is in town and he was a teacher for years and then a principal. I read the questions to him and dh for them to answer and they didn't they were under 80% so don't feel bad. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home