Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Perpetually Sick

I am just now starting to not cough every hour. This has been going on pretty much since my birthday on Jan. 16th. So, a cold for one whole month. I have had colds that long once before, while in grad school and three months before my wedding. (Gee, do you think that one was STRESS-related???)

However, not only have I been sick, but Heath, Cavan and Kellyn have all had their share of illness as well. In fact, I would bet at least 2 of the 4 of us have been sick every day for the past month (not always the same two people). Cavan and Kellyn are currently battling some MONSTER bug that has them feverish with watery eyes, runny noses and loose stools. I am really at a loss right now b/c this has been going on for so long. Usually, I set up mental "get better" days where I will think to myself, "This will all be better by _____ (insert day of the week)." The problem??? I have been doing that for the past two weeks. Guess what??? The kids aren't better. The virus has changed a little bit but they are still sick.

On one hand, I do have a newfound gratitude that my kids are overall healthy with no long-term illnesses or conditions. On the other hand, it is hard to take comfort in that when your toddler is asking to nurse for the 9, 872nd time that day. "This too shall pass" . . . . at least that is what they say. I am just not certain it is going to pass in my lifetime. And, is there any way it can pass while *I* am somewhere else??? Oh, let's say . . . someplace warm like Florida or someplace farwaway, like Ireland.

Next year, we are hibernating for the winter. I'm serious. I will stockpile non-perishable foods by my bedside, crawl under the covers and wait for March 21st. So, consider this your official warning if you can't get a hold of us next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home