Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Cuts

About a year ago, I began cutting Heath's hair to save some money. (Don't worry, I went through an actual step-by-step with a beauty school drop-out . . .that sounds bad, but she is wonderful! Thanks Shelly!) I buzz the back and scissor cut the top, which is time-consuming when you are a perfectionist who agonizes over almost every single cut you make. Well, since it is summer (and finally starting to warm up this year), Heath agreed to let me buzz the whole thing as a time-saver. I decided to do the same with Cavan as he was in DIRE need of a cut as well. Here are the before and afters:

Hairy Daddy








Clean cut and respectable










Shaggy Cavan






My big boy ;)












The handsome men in my life (minus Sebastian)!










Remnants of the process
Overall, I think I like them both with a little more hair on their head, but this might be a nice option for future summers. ;)

5 Comments:

At 8/14/09, 7:47 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I used to scissor-cut Shawn's, too - what a pain! I was so glad when he relented and let me buzz him. I don't know what size combs you have for your clippers, but I use a 1" on Shawn and a 1 1/2" on Samuel for the top, and I think that works well to still leave them a little bit of length, but without the need for scissors. We were just looking at getting a new set of clippers, and some of the sets didn't have the longer lengths, so don't know if you have that option or not.

 
At 8/15/09, 9:03 PM, Blogger Scelata said...

Both gentlemen look very sharp indeed, well done!

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)

 
At 8/16/09, 12:02 AM, Blogger Andy said...

Looks good--Heath, better than the cut I gave you once when I managed to cut your ear with the scissors?

 
At 8/16/09, 9:43 AM, Blogger Heath Morber said...

Andy,

Well, it's safe to say that I've never had a haircut like that before!

:)

H

 
At 8/17/09, 1:37 PM, Blogger Rena said...

aww cavan looks to cute with short hair! he does look older with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home