Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Friday, June 08, 2007

Neil Shy R.I.P

Many of you have already heard that Shannon lost her stepfather, Neil Shy, to a heart attack last weekend. He was too young, 58, I believe, and it was quite unexpected. Neil wasn't the healthiest man, but he had no diagnosed heart problems as far as I know.

Neil had a hard life, especially the last few years. He served in Vietnam, went through a divorce, and his second marriage was very trying as well, as his wife has many personal issues. He was basically the only parental figure in the house throughout the lives of most of his children. He was a tough south-sider who loved his Heineken and his White Sox.

Neil was always very good to me. He welcomed me into the family from day one, never too "manly" to tell me he loved me. Neil was always supportive of my relationship with Shannon and always made it very clear that he was very happy for the both of us.

He was a very generous and loving man. Though I didn't always condone some of his interactions his family, nonetheless, I could never question his motives. He was the prototype of a man who loved to a fault, and I think it was ultimately the cause of his demise.

It's been a very hard week for my wife and for her siblings. Neil always treated Shannon as one of his own, though he was under no obligation to do just that. He was the only father she ever knew and she loved him dearly. His presence will be missed by all . . .

I would ask for your prayers for his soul, and the family he left behind, especially his 11-year-old daughter Molly, who is unsure of where she'll be living as of next week, and with whom.


In paradisum, deducant te angeli . . .

1 Comments:

At 1/28/11, 8:58 AM, Anonymous molly said...

niel shy was a fantastic father and i could never be afriad because he was there and his son james shy hes so much like him. and molly shy was his baby girl he loved her so much she loved him so much before he died he asked me to go the store with him and i said no but changed my mind and we spent two whole days together and we got home and he told his wife to call the abulance and i froze i saw him leave and he kept asking them if he was having a heart atack and he looked at me and therre was tears rolling down my face and i miss him so much and as for his daughter molly shes 15 years old and thats me i wrote this RIP i love you daaddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home