Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Truth Hurts . . .

It's the day every mother fears.

She knows it's coming and she can't escape it.

She holds her breath . . . thinking maybe if she quietly slips through her days, no one will notice.

But in her trembling heart, she knows the truth . . . and boy, oh boy, does it hurt!

Her size has expanded. No more are her younger, cuter days of "perfect" jeans and little hips. Gone are the times of a carefree waistline and a rounded bottom. She is starting to sag in areas that used to perk. She is starting to increase in areas that used to fit in tight squeezes (crowded and unsafe piling into the backseat of teenage-driven cars, anyone???). Her body has changed, and her children are there to confirm those changes.

An interaction occurring a few nights ago while I was finishing laundry:

(Shannon folding her underoos and quietly minding her mama-business.)

Kellyn: Are those yours, Mama?

Me: Yes, honey . . .

Kellyn: WHOA! Those are BIIIIGGG underwear!
(With an appropriate astonished look on her face to boot)

**Ouch.** Sadly, I vividly remember having those same exact thoughts about my own mother's underwear. Life certainly has a way of keeping us humble, heh? ;)

1 Comments:

At 8/19/09, 11:14 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Samuel tells me all the time that he loves my big, fat, squishy belly. Um, thanks? Actually, I am losing some weight now thanks to the diet and meds that I am on, and he is sincerely sad that my belly is shrinking! I guess I am not as comfy as I used to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home