Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Teenagers' Brains

Now, if I read this blurb when I was a teenager, I would have been deeply offended and mad. But having been out of my teenage years for awhile, I can see how "immature" I was (even as someone who was ahead of her years overall).

The truth of the matter is that teenagers are emotional and *still developing* as people, which includes their brains. This is why they still need parental guidance. Most importantly, this is why it could be dangerous to simply provide them with all the various "safer sex" options and then let them go wild. How can you make a "rational" decision, which could have life-long consequences when your ability to reason is not thoroughly formed?

Just food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home