Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Scare with Cavan

(Note: I wrote this about 2 weeks ago when it actually happened and just haven't posted it until now.)



Had a scary episode last night with our eldest. At 3:40 AM, Cavan woke up and started acting very restless. Usually he needs to be convinced somewhat that he needs to use the bathroom, so I led him in there and he proceeded to FREAK OUT. I’ve never encountered anything like it . . . he was yelling, screaming, crying, hitting. At first I thought he was just being unreasonable, but as it stretched on, you could tell that something just wasn’t right about the situation. He was absolutely inconsolable. Kellyn woke up and seemed visibly frightened by the whole situation, as was I. After about ten minutes, Shannon was finally able to convince him to come and nurse a bit and he finally calmed down; but even the nursing was weird according to Shannon (maybe she can give her perspective).

Something was very wrong with the whole ordeal. I kid you not, I really thought he was possessed at the time (God forbid); he seemed evil. I was scared, no doubt. And of course, I couldn’t sleep after the whole incident so I’m facing my busy Friday afternoon on 2 hours sleep. Great.

Hopefully it was just a fluke . . . please pray for us.



Update: We've only had one more episode similar to this but it was relatively minor and we handled it a bit differently (with greater success). We're not sure if it's something he's eaten the night before or what . . .

2 Comments:

At 4/9/07, 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried making the sign of the cross on his forehead with holy water at night?

I just came across your family 'blog, so apologies for the comment on the late comment. People laugh at children if they say that something is hiding under their bed, but if you read any of Padre Pio, he had something hiding under his bed that would torment him every night.

 
At 12/23/08, 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another late comment, but do you think it could have been a night terror? Lily had one once, and it is really scary. A little research I did says they are not really awake, and don't recognize you, think you are attacking them. Best solution is turn on all the lights and don't touch them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home