Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Merry Christmas!

No, we haven't given up on this blog yet! We have been out-of-town for a very relaxing week at my folks' house in good ol' Southern Illinois. It was great to see them and catch up on my reading, but it's good to be home.

Please allow me to wish you all a Merry Christmas on behalf of my family. And no, I shall not call it belated since we are still in the midst of the Christmas season, despite the presence of Christmas trees in the trash starting on December 26th. Traditionally, the season of Christmas officially ended on January 6th, the Feast of Epiphany (the 12th day of Christmas--go figure :), but the fun extends a bit longer with the Post-Vatican II calendar. Now the season ends with the feast of the Baptism of the Lord which falls on a Monday (the 8th) this year. So again, Merry Christmas!

I must admit that I unfortunately get sucked into the secularity (is that a word?) of the season nearly every year. It's just so hard to really get into the feel of Advent when you see Christmas lights everywhere, Christmas songs on the radio, and Santa sightings every which way. The effect of all this, as you know, is that you're "Christmas-ed out" by the time the 25th rolls around. I think I'll change my pre-Christmas practices next year: none of my Christmas CD's will see the light of day until Christmas eve!

While I'm thinking of it, I'm going to mention a few topics in passing on which I plan to blog. This will somewhat commit me to doing them and act as a good reminder :) Here's a few that I've been thinking of lately:


Homeschooling

Discipline

Abortion (get your hard-hat ready!)

Family size

Rantings on the Baby-Boom generation

The decline of reason


At this rate of posting, I should have all these done by 2008! Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home