Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Can you hear me now?

So, I was just complaining to Heath the other day (which he has to endure far too often these days as my belly expands, my pelvis loosens and our kids are crabby) that our children ask me "What?" far too many times in one day. I told him I really do need to get their hearing screened. Honestly, I really do think it is a matter of them not paying attention to me, but just in case I should get it looked at as I had many ear issues as a youngster. I just can't cope with the pure repetition multiple times a day. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY dislike having to repeat myself or feeling like I am not being listened to.

Well, tonight as we were getting ready for bed, I had a very timely conversation w/ Kellyn.
Kellyn: Mama, what you said?
Me: I said that I am going to have everyone in this household get their hearing tested.
Kellyn: (right on cue) What?!

Anyone have an otoscope I can borrow?

2 Comments:

At 11/21/08, 11:06 AM, Blogger Katie said...

My kids do this too but if a chocolate bar makes even a slight sound as I open it from the other room, everyone hears it. I think it is a selective hearing problem but you could probably test it at home with some little studies.

 
At 12/8/08, 11:20 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I'll second the selective hearing!

Hey, I tagged you for a meme!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home