Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Monday, December 15, 2008

CMAA Colloquium 2008 Video

OK, I'm going to try to embed this darn video. My attempt will be at the bottom of the post.

This is the conference that I attended last summer in Chicago. This is a wonderful video put together by one of the attendees. You can see me around 53-55 seconds in and my back around 1:03.

The music for this conference was stunning . . . what a joy to sing this music all week with such wonderful musicians. Man, if all the parishes in the US had this music on a weekly basis, we'd have to fight the converts off with a stick! (this means you, Jeremy!)

2 Comments:

At 12/15/08, 4:14 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

See, I told you that embedding videos was easy. :) That conference looks awesome - wish it were required for parish music directors!

 
At 12/15/08, 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd seriously turn Catholic in a heartbeat if I could walk into any parish and hear that kind of music. Ahh, the good ole days of 1556, etc. High renaissance, baby...that's where the action was.

I'll make sure to play some more chant for our unborn child, maybe subconsciously it will pre-dispose him/her to want to wear a "Franciscan University" clothing straight out of the womb;-)

Nice post...keep them coming. BTW, we did the Rutter "What Sweeter Music" and Vivaldi "Gloria in Excelsis" with orchestra, and a chant-esque unison/2pt a cappella "Veni Veni Emmanuel" w/my freshman boys at our Holiday concert, so yay Jesus at a public school!!

Seriously, hope you're well. Peace to you, J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home