Morber High Life

The Champaign of Families---Crunchy. Conservative. Catholic. Consider yourself warned . . .

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Humility of Motherhood

Yes, this blog has been sorely neglected these past two months. Basically, from Thanksgiving until now . . . My apologies! I am doing the best I can as a mother of 3. ;)

Today, the kiddos and I read some books on the human body and keeping ourselves healthy. With one of the books, there is an accompanying CD with various songs for children on the many amazing systems/parts of our bodies. I was looking for the CD to play in the background while the children finished a project. I knew it was either in our main CD shuffler or in the van. When I discovered it wasn't in the shuffler in the house, I said, "Well, that means it's in the van."

Cavan, my wise boy who is helping his mother chip away at the pride blocking her way to holiness, responded, "Mom, you could be wrong. Do you know why?" I left an appropriate pause waiting for what came next. Then, in a very simple and straightforward manner, he continued, "Because you're not God, Mom."

Despite my initial internal rejection of him postulating that *I* could be wrong, all I could say in response was "You're right, Cav." Good thing I have children intent on getting me to heaven! Otherwise, I'd be doomed. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home